This list was put together by a fellow hockey lady, Sonia Bynum. Please feel free to add to it in the comments below.
1. You know your way to/from all hockey rinks in the area without having to consult a map.
2. Any conversation with strangers invariably turns to hockey after a maximum of 10 minutes.
3. When it comes to budget, hockey vs. groceries is an acceptable consideration.
4. That hockey locker smell? You can't remember the last time you actually noticed it.
5. When looking for new property, space for a backyard skating rink is a heavy factor. So is a basement fit for shooting practice.
6. After a ten minute dissertation on the finer points of playing hockey, your favorite position, the kind of stick you use and where you get your skates sharpened...you realize the person you're speaking with only asked if you had plans that evening.
7. You have at least one puck-shaped bruise at any given time, and you are proud of it.
8. You can't understand why more restaurants don't serve food at 12:30 a.m. on weekdays.
9. You sneak out of the house at 11 p.m....to go play pickup.
10. You use hockey pucks as coasters. And your living room/basement looks like a locker.
11. No skating or hockey for any number of days causes a detectable and significant increase in the level of crankiness.
12. Before hockey, you thought of yourself as a warm-weather person, but now summer is your least favourite season.
Pittsburgh Women's Hockey Resource Blog
Charlene Bidula, Sara Petyk, Cori James and Val Sweeney blog about local women's hockey news, tips, teams and anything else they find helpful to all the women hockey players in Pittsburgh!